View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2019, 13:33
Hussar 54

Originally Posted by pax britanica View Post
Yes butt he lies -if they were lies and generally they were exaggerations or predictions by the remain side nothing remotely to compare with the Boris bus and leaving the Eu will be the easiest deal ever.

And will we have the teeth or the balls of the Eu to kick Google into line. I dont think so-and in any event will they care -no they wont. Size matters these days and we will go from having a top seat at the top table to being the ones serving the food.

Utter shambles and this is not a party issue-Labour have failed as dismally in their own role as the Tories have as government. we should definitely have another referendum but this one should demand a complete overhaul of parliament -the fact that its the oldest one around shows how out of date it is in the modern world and doesnt serve the UK well at all.

I wonder if the speaker would vote remain if there was a tie, the rules about the speaker are all tied to partisan ship and party loyalties but as we have all seen brexit is not a party issue , which is why parliament has made a dogs breakfast of it as much as the Government have. Could he vote remain on that basis , it would seem he isnt breaking any constitutional or rather procedural rules because of course we do not have a constitution in the UK
No way were Cameron's and Osbornes's lies any less dishonest. They even roped in Obama to try to scare voters. And as for Carne....He lied, recanted and apologised, lied again, admitted he was wrong and apologised, again etc, etc,. etc....As someone on here said at the time, he twists and turns like a twisty turny thing....Either a born and unchangeable liar, or hopeless at forecasting even two years into the future and yet people believe his forecasts about the UK ten years from now. Get serious.

And I think you and far too many EU apologists have a totally incorrect view of the UK's membership of the EU.

The UK has not been an ' important ' member of the EU for years. A seat at the top table ? Sorry, that's reserved for Eurozone members for obvious reasons The UK's money was not important - it was critical, but the UK's influence on the EU's direction and policies absolutely zero.

Another referendum ?? As said on here many times - there was a first referendum about the EEC in 1975; there was the second referendum about the EU in 2016 ; so I agree that there should be a third and deciding referendum - in 2057 !