PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory questions
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2019, 11:06
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@paco: Thanks, I did already the human performance exam, they did not ask at all about the mosquitoes on the real exam and most of the questions made sense, some were tricky but the result was 90 % so I can live with it (since I used most time learning General Navigation for that session).

So its about 5 questions of the 66 about PBN on the Radio Navigation exam? I am going to do the exam on 2nd April when next session start (If I get done with everything including June session, I got promised I will be done with all my licenses this year so I am learning everyday 14/7 rest is eating, sleeping or writing posts) and heard from a colleague who were not too lucky on the radio navigation exam that he got like 14-15 PBN questions from the 66 and that he got still RNAV (area navigation questions they were not replaced by PBN like Bristol ground school online suggested).

But maybe its the Polish exam where they added PBN questions but did not remove the previous area navigation that UK CAA removed according to Bristol. So I learned both and practice with both kind of questions. But using more time on one subject means less time used on the instruments, operational procedures and air law that I also plan to pass in April. So thats why I asked if anyone know if PBN replace the RNAV part of Radio navigation exam or if its just an addition using some of the RNAV question slots on the exam but not replacing it totally.

PS. From what I heard since September 2018 its not possible to do radio navigation exam without PBN so everyone doing the exam now will get it done with PBN.