PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2019, 09:45
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Interflug
I don't know about others, but this hot air statement from Boeing's CEO has the opposite effect on me. I do not trust that company a bit more after their CEO spoke like this. To the contrary. I'm expecting a reflected, intelligent, rational statement from a shop of engineering excellence and highest professional aspiration and ethics. That would - if one wants to listen to PR in the first place with an open mind - instil trust in me. Not a statement that reads like it comes from a religious cult.
Boeing's mission is the same as any other publicly listed company - to maximise profits for the shareholders and to act in their best interests. To do otherwise would probably be a dereliction of the directors legal responsibilities. It does this by designing and manufacturing equipment to the highest standards but that is not its mission, it's the means to the end. I do not mean to denigrate Boeing's equipment and staff and all their efforts which I personally admire hugely. But it's the truth.

Last edited by yellowtriumph; 20th Mar 2019 at 10:21.