PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2019, 08:17
yanrair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear PATPLAN.
MCWS MACS MCAS
You are quite correct - my achronym was mixed up. But my message isn’t, I think we all know the full name of the system to which we refer- which I’m pretty sure didn’t cause the crash. It may have been a factor ok.
I stiill look forward to someone describing a technically based scenario whereby the pilots were physically unable to control these two 737 MAX. As opposed to abstruse discussions about a computer added to a very simple mechanical (clockwork) aircraft. Put another way, please describe a set of events where a computer system was able to dive the plane and there was nothing the pilots could do. When we have a coherent response to that we can move forward.
To to a recent post referring to Chuck Yeager, you don’t have to go back that far. Every year pilots fly their planes out of totally unforeseen situations: BA 777 Heathrow , Sully in Hudson are just two examples. That’s 600 passengers still alive because the pilots did know what to do- both double engine failures by the way. And conversely, pilots crash perfectly flyable planes. 737 Amsterdam. Airbus south Atlantic ....in fact most crashes on Air Crash Investigation on TV are in that category.