PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2019, 23:42
DaveReidUK

Received 201 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
Coincidentally, I wrote yesterday to Heathrow's CEO challenging him to say how many Fly Quiet & Green points were awarded to each airline for track-keeping and the other six FQG metrics, since those points supposedly add up to the ludicrous aggregate scores that LHR publishes.

I'll report back on the response (if any).
Well I received a reply today from one of the Heathrow team, responding on behalf of their CEO. Unsurprisingly, he declined to provide the requested breakdown of the metric scores that should add up to those ludicrous aggregate marks (since they are mathematically impossible under the rules of the scheme).

But wait - apparently those published rules aren't actually how the scheme works at all (which any GCSE Maths student could have told us). I'm told that the "How We Calculate" page on the website isn't in fact how they calculate, but is apparently a dumbed-down version aimed at Joe Public, who isn't deemed bright enough to understand the various fudge factors that go into producing the final rose-tinted rankings.

So that's all good then.

Incidentally, the Q4 2018 results have just emerged from their password-protection. I haven't yet had time to analyse them, but initial indications are that Heathrow has tweaked the fudge factor to inflate the scores by around 55% instead of the customary 40% or so.

Watch this space.