PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol-5
Thread: Bristol-5
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2019, 19:49
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by devon_guy
LH have rerouted me LHR-FRA-SIN instead of BRS-FRA-SIN after BMI's demise. Can I claim any sort of help towards the cost of getting to Heathrow instead of Bristol or is it just tough luck and be lucky they rerouted me?
In essence the airline has now cancelled your booking from BRS and has rerouted you from LHR - I assume this notification is MORE than 14 days before your flight

If so then - What are my options?
your cancelled long-haul flight is covered by EU law, your airline must let you choose between two options:

1. Receive a refund
You can get your money back for all parts of the ticket you haven’t used. For instance, if you have booked a return flight and the outbound leg is cancelled, you can get the full cost of the return ticket back from your airline.

2. Choose an alternative flight
If you still want to travel, your airline must find you an alternative flight. It’s up to you whether to fly as soon as possible after the cancelled flight, or at a later date that suits you. Airlines often refer to this as being ‘rerouted’.

Although most airlines will book you onto another of their flights to the same destination, if an alternative airline is flying there significantly sooner then you may have the right to be booked onto that flight instead. You can discuss this with your airline.

Care and assistance
If you choose an alternative flight you are also entitled to care and assistance.
This usually means food, drink, access to communication (this could be by refunding the reasonable cost of phone calls) and accommodation (if necessary).

So they should pay for transport to LHR and overnight and meals at LHR if the flight is too early for you to get there from BRS

If this cancellation advice is 14 days or less then you have the above rights plus compensation of 300-600e depending when your NEW departure and arrival is