PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows to move from RAF Scampton to one of three sites
Old 19th Mar 2019, 18:57
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathmonk
If Wittering is the chosen home I hope the lawyers are ready for the chap who lives in the big house on the extended centreline. He didn't like the Harriers so don't think he's going to be too happy with the Reds practising several times a day (plus the coloured smoke). Also, wonder how many crashes on the A1 they will cause...? Unless, of course, they are going to continue to rehearse at Scampton.
Question is when did he buy said house. Airfields aren’t easy to hide, so if he bought it whilst the airfield was active he’s on a sticky wicket and needs to complain about the standard of survey done by the conveyancer. I was constantly fending off daft complaints whilst holding at Coningsby many moons ago. They quickly shut up when I asked how long have you owned your home, because we’ve been here since 1940. Low flying complaints were always amusing ‘no Madam, I can assure you it wasn’t gratuitous behaviour just to disrupt your party, he was in fact landing at the time you spotted him’.

As for how many crashes on the A1, you could ask the similar question about Leeming or Waddington and the A15. Personally I’d quite like them in Wittering. Between the Reds and BBMF using my house as a waypoint in the past, I could have most of the display season sewn up. But as it stands, and purely because it’s a wholly illogical move, they will no doubt end up at Waddington.