PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Engine- out SIDS supposed to be flown in Selected guidance
Old 19th Mar 2019, 07:43
IBE8720

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by C.M
I’ve heard on accasions that Manually created engine-out SIDs , if actually used in engine-out conditions , should not be flown in managed guidance (NAV mode in airbus terminology / LNAV mode in Boeing terminology ) but should be flown in Selected guidance ( I,e heading mode ) . Is anyone aware of this and where this piece of information can be found ? ( I was told it could be found in the Airbus FCOM ( couldn’t find it ) and was later told that was mentioned in ICAO documentation ...
I was told the same thing when I first started on the A320. Yet could never and was never shown where it was specifically written.
I have chased the answer for 6 years. All I can find is in Limitations, Auto Flight, it tells you when you can and can’t use NAV. I think there has been a change in this Limitation and can’t find a Limitation on NAV mode related to pilot created waypoints (specifically related to EO SID).

If someone can provide a reference in FCOM, please do.