PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2019, 23:08
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Delays and cancellations

UOTE=Expressflight;10418543]I did that and the respondent said "I shall have it flagged for internal review". In the preamble he explained to me how the new Timetable search worked - which I had already discovered - and apologised for the fact that the new timetable search did not offer the same information as previously. Unsurprisingly I had already discovered that too![/QUOTE]

On the positive side of the website update it makes it harder for all to track their flight delays and cancellations. There is a note of their website stating live flight information temporarily unavailable which is nice and convenient for all the passengers on tonights delayed and cancelled flights at BHX along with their family/friends waiting at the airport.

A stunning week at BHX and some if not most was probably down to weather at various airports but over 15 cancellations or around 30 sectors mainly Glasgow, Belfast City, Amsterdam and Milan.

Tonight only the 4 of the 10 based cancelled so pretty good going (not) plus loads of delay.

Two of the delays are apt as they were charter flights and a question was asked on the Southampton thread if charters are to continue. Well after the last few weeks I am sure Flybe's new master will be taking a good look at these and this brings me to today's mess.

If you work in the scheduling department would you seriously think in winter that this a good schedule - BHX-CMF-SOU-CMF-BHX-MXP-BHX (Can be AMS BE113/4 or BE3009/10 CDG). A six sector day, so it sounds efficient for the "expensive" 195 but it is winter and the first 4 sectors are charters including two airports not known for their long runway, beautiful weather and state of the art landing aids. Then to mix it with a high-end business flight afterwards. Last week cross-wind issues at Southampton and today the SOU-CMF appears to have diverted to LYS ands is 7 hours late.

The other Sunday ski charter was due to fly BHX-ILD-BRS-ILD-BHX-AMS-BHX - you can see where I am going here...……….yes again delayed (not sure where but presume weather) . Both these examples resulted in BHX-MXP-BHX (175 tech) and BHX-AMS-BHX (late running CMF) cancelled

For good measure Flybe also threw in cancellations on BE792/5 Glasgow and BE414/7Belfast City as well plus BE400/3 BHD and BE105/6 Amsterdam already cancelled in the morning.

One Dash 8 has been noted over the Elmdon side of the airfield between the XLR and ex-MAEL hangar possibly sunbathing or on annual leave most of last week and although some of the issues might have been weather related it seems a lot from just one base or was it network wide?

A case of just bad luck due the weather, or was there also crewing issues, tech aircraft and also not helped by a fairly useless website update???

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 18th Mar 2019 at 06:40. Reason: order of words and added info