PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay discrimination in ATC
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2019, 12:46
Paul Wilson

Nexialist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluewolf,
That is the problem then, and where you should be focusing your efforts. My field does have people in the same job for years and it is a failure of the organisations that I supply to recruit permanently that leads to it.
Have you considered lobbying for increased training numbers from the local system?
Or organising locally and bidding for the contract yourselves?
​​You will probably still need contractors for a time whilst you get the numbers through a training system, but once you have the numbers through you could bid much lower than any external company.

​​​​​​It is hard when the government seems blind to the issue. Especially when the solution is easy, but just takes a long time! In my field and country I can to some extent understand it, it takes 15 years of training to get our staff qualified, and there are elections every 5 years, so anything the current government does will only benefit the opposition.

You would have thought that under the system of government in Bahrain, at least taking a long term view would be one of the advantages, but it seems not in this case.