PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Air 767 down/Texas
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2019, 10:47
V1rhot8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GlueBall
V1rhot8 says: "What if they had a instrument problem that caused the aircraft to present bad attitude information (nose high). Next the crew adds max thrust and pushes forward on the control column to lower AOA /the perceived unusual attitude towards “level.” Then they are trying to determine whether the attitude information is wrong or if they had a pitot static issue."

In my years of flying the SAI has always been my friend, prominently in view just a few centimeters from the main instrument panel, easily incorporated in my scan. The idea of ever chasing a faulty attitude indicator into a 49 degrees dive is impractical reality.
Well I am just trying to formulate a theory of why a pilot might put in nose down control column input. The fact that the NTSB stated it initially combined with things I have been hearing leads me to believe that they did indeed push it over... but why? Also if the FO was PF, the SAI is not a few cm away.

The second component is the FBI has stepped down from the investigation. This in my mind rules out suicide, because if they were going that direction you'd need to investigate why someone might feel that way. You'd want an agency experienced with interviewing people.