PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Software Fixes Due to Lion Air Crash Delayed
Old 15th Mar 2019, 15:44
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
B-2 Spirit lives up to name and F-22's

Thanks, Conso. Not the Spirit we were all thinking of, but I am amazed they could rehab a plane after a fire damaged some of the structural components.
@FDR A squad of Raptors is presently over here at Eglin and maybe only one or two Raptors with significant damage at Tyndall, rest were not hurt by the storm but had minor maintenancve squacks. Apparently all were repaired and flew out within a littl over a week. The base is rapidly coming back and with 2020 building codes and not 1950 ones. We only got 25 mph winds over here by Eglin, but Panama City got a lot of damage and Mexico Beach looked like Hiroshima except for beach houses built after the late 90's
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The trim jackscrew may show a nose down final position, and that's what you would expect if the MCAS kept trimming over 2 degrees every time it activated and you did not trim nose up to get the stab back to a reasonable angle. The 610 folks trimmed almost back to normal each time, but eventually lost it.
I ask any MAX drivers here to explain the configuration and flap retraction altitude when taking off from that hot, high density altitude. If ground personnel or other aircrews could see the plane descending and then climbing, it must have been pretty low huh? So is a minimal flap setting the procedure to keep drag down? Believe it or not, in my time flying lites, I only had to do three heavy, really high density altitude takeoffs where runway length was a problem and we had a no sierra abort distance well slower than takeoff speed ( Colorado).

Gums sends...