PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva Air, Taiwan
Thread: Eva Air, Taiwan
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2019, 00:27
PhantomPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seadogg
Hi,
Does anyone know how much an expat captain can expect after the upgrade on his/her monthly salary?

Also, I’m currently a320 typed, so if i join eva now I’ll be flying the a320. But how does the transition to a wide body work? Since I’m airbus rated, will I be transitioning to a330? Or my current type don’t matter when going to a wide body.

One more thing, when commuting to work do we get confirmed tickets or stby? Are they coach or business?

Much appreciate it!

Not really sure how much the Capt salary is.
As for joining, the screening will be done on the A330 simulator but where you will go has nothing to do with your previous Type. Most likely you will end up flying FO on the 777. After your first contract (usually 3 years with broker) then you get upgraded to SFO (on your fleet or on another), and then after that you get upgraded to PIC on the A321 (no A320s in EVA).
The commuting tickets are most of the time confirmed, but I've heard some flights are more restrictive than other because of the pax loading (Paris for example) but in my case I've never had any problems. Tickets for commuting are in Biz class.

cheers