PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welbeck Sixth Form Defence College to close in 2021
Old 15th Mar 2019, 00:17
Thud_and_Blunder

Received 89 Likes on 35 Posts
Another part of my past about to disappear, then - I did my trade training at Garat's Hay/ Woodhouse Eaves surrounded by Scalybacks prior to 14 months paid holiday in Cyprus (and then transferring to a different organisation starting with 16 weeks at a Secondary Modern in Bedfordshire, which I believe is ALSO slated to close). As I rapidly approach retirement, I get to appreciate the way my current job lets me get to see parts of the country in very great detail. While approaching East Midlands from the south I thought I'd take a look at the old barracks and was surprised to see it looking spruced up, complete with a Gazelle on a stick by what used to be the main gate; a high pass (500ft) allowed me to see the extent of the changes. After landing I looked up the available information on Duckduckgo and found that Garat's Hay was where the 6th form college had been moved - lovely site. Wonder what will happen now - yet more wartime history (Y Section) about to be become even more remote.