PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rail Link - Melbourne Airport.
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2019, 22:06
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay
Maybe you’re too young to have witnessed the steep decline in this country. We used to be a can do nation with unashamed aspirations and now we’re frozen stiff by short term politics and PC crap. Ask any old timer when was the last time Australia did anything really great and they’ll reply “the snowy hydro”, a great achievement by any measure.....almost half a century ago! Now we fart around deciding if we need a piece of basic first world infrastructure.

P.S. I think you’ll find the “like it or leave” statement applies to immigrants who came here for the free stuff and the good life, and then complain about how bad they’ve got it.

Hooroo!
You didn’t answer my question. If Australia is such a terrible backwards country, which other countries are doing better? The U.S. has the Trump administration, gun control problems and crumbling infrastructure. The U.K. has brexit which has the potential to implode their economy (note the drop in the value of the pound since the vote). Asia has massive pollution and over population issues, the EU has opened the flood gates to refugees (1 million in Germany alone), the Middle East is great if you’re a fan of sharia law and oppressing women. South African farmers are being murdered every second day. But hang on, Melbourne Airport doesn’t have a rail link (never mind that the Tullamarine Freeway was just widened). What a terrible country we live in! I fly with heaps of guys who have spent time overseas due to the Ansett Collapse or the ‘89 dispute and I think most of them are pretty happy to be home.

Sometimes in life it’s worthwhile to remember just how good you’ve got it!