PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2019, 21:33
Lonewolf_50

Received 366 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
After all, that's what the 'A' in BEA stands for.
After reading through all 12 of the AF 447 threads, I came away with the impression that some people felt that the A in BEA stood for Airbus.

For PJ2: I have an idea that there are some corporate cultures that might need to awaken to training being viewed as a necessity, rather than as an expense, or a cost center. Which corporate (or even national) entities that message needs be to be digested in I'll leave as an exercise for the reader.

For someone further up the page: off to take a look at the LionAir FDR trace, thanks for the tip.

For anyone, last question.
MTBF of AoA probes. Who is Boeing's supplier? (If the AoA prob, or its signal to the FCC, doesn't go whacky do we ever hear about any of this?)
We had a fairly long discussion about pitot tubes after AF447 went down, and commentary about Goodrich probes that AB was working on putting on their fleet versus a Thales one. Are AoA probes held to the 1 x 10^-7th hours failure criteria, or a 1 x 10 ^-9?
I don't know how good the final report on LionAir will be, but I am very interested in the prelude to that accident, in terms of what maintenance actions were and weren't taken, and how the trouble shooting logic went, and the various repairs.