PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2019, 16:16
cervo77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canyonblue737
cervo77 obviously a well thought out and accurate explanation of MCAS and why it exists. as a Captain on the 737 MAX and previous generation 737s I don't agree with this last statement of yours, the Ethiopian crew *was* trained about MCAS per their CEO as all 737 MAX pilots in the world were by emergency AD after the Lion Air accident. further while i fully admit that a great deal of confusion can exist if you aren't aware of MCAS because of yoke behavior etc. it doesn't prevent one important fact being true, if you have improper trimming occurring that is not being made by you, the pilot, the stab trim cutout switches are right next to you and have been for decades on this aircraft. they fix this. heck you can physically grasp and hold the trim wheel itself and it will prevent this. lots of blame to go around here and hopefully when it comes to MCAS the software fix coming shortly as Boeing describes is very comprehensive (as it should have been on day 1.)

If the engineers did not invent this MCAS system for the 737 max, and that the trim system remained 100% identical to what we have on the 737-800

question: what would be the result on the way of flying this 737 max ? a huge effort required to pull and push the yoke ?? I am curisous to know