PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA temporarily suspends all Boeing 737 MAX operations to/from Australia
Old 14th Mar 2019, 08:54
Marcellus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LeadSled

I just think the spew of anti-Virgin/VIPA posts reveals more about those posting tha anything else --- and what is revealed is not very complimentary.
Are you really that obtuse that you missed the implications and aspersions John Lyons was casting upon the pilots that have had the misfortune of flying and crashing one of these jets?

“VIPA continues to have the utmost confidence in the Boeing 737 [MAX] and the rigorous training that Virgin Australia provides its pilots.”

“We look forward to its introduction at Virgin Australia as it brings outstanding commercial advantages to the airline and enhanced customer appeal,” said Captain Lyon
He looks forward to its introduction. I personally find it distasteful that so soon after hundreds of people die in an accident that he is out there promoting the MAX, particularly given the serious questions regarding its airworthiness. I would suggest that the seriousness of those concerns has been vindicated given the worldwide grounding. I would also hazard a guess that a fair number of Virgin pilots are quietly waiting for the results of the investigations, and happy that they don’t have to put their rigorous training to the test.

I’ve never had a go at Virgin or the Virgin pilots, just the insensitive imbecile who heads up the boutique union for a handful of them, and his coterie of supporters.

Tootle plonk!!

Last edited by Marcellus; 14th Mar 2019 at 09:12.