View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2019, 02:35
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gums
Salute MJB !!

..... snip

A pure FBW control system has all the "protections" and limits/warnings and such as part of the basic design. But no FBW commercial airliner has failed to meet the basic aerodynamic requirements for stability and control if they all had ropes, levers, pulleys, cables, torque tubes, etc to move the ailerons, rudder and elevator. They are not the military or utility platforms and do not haul 200 folks about to visit aunt Clara.
So Boeing adds another thingie besides the STS speed stability doofer to meet Part 25 requirements and it gets signed off. Most of we pilots would handle the new thingie if and a BIG IF we knew it was added AND we were told what possibel failure indications existed AND we practiced a bit. GASP!! None of that was done.
My experience was in military planes and before each flight we had to sign off every little notice, directive and change and such before flying. On some mods we had to fly with an instructor before being cleared "solo". The MCAS mod required none of those things, and I have problems with not having seen a revolt by a thousand 737 pilots that only discovered MCAS after Lion 610 pranged.

'nuff bitching, and I close for now

Gums
A salute back to you

You point to a problem which i whole heartedly agree.

Now can you also point to a solution in commercial service among the various nations flying these aircraft?