PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 13th Mar 2019, 21:59
fdgolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Denti
Well, because the authority having oversight of that license is no longer under the authority of EASA of course. As the UK wants to diverge from EU regulations, and without a withdrawal agreement that regulates how stuff will continue after the brexit deal, it can do so immediately and actually does so immediately as any mention of EASA in the relevant copied over laws will vanish, there is no assurance that the CAA as the NAA overseeing that license still complies with EASA rules past the 29th of march. The EU and its agencies are very much rule based organizations, which is something many people constantly underestimate in its importance.
Denti'
Thanks for your clear reply, I do agree with it from the legal point of view, but do think about two words I said: right away. Where does right away begin or end? March 31st, 00:01? A week later? 2 weeks later...?
I would say whenever a legal change on licensing regulation happens, or whenever the particular license needs to be revalidated, whatever happens first!

Cheers