PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2019, 21:01
SLFinAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GlobalNav
FAA needs to require Boeing to remove this "speed bump." That some alert and competent pilots are able to overcome it is wonderful, but still an insufficient level of safety as attested to by hundreds of fatalities. If it turns out that AoA sense system failures are the root cause of the MCAS behavior, then the AoA sensor system needs to be made more reliable (higher integrity), in keeping with potential catastrophic failures.
I am in no way attempting to defend Boeing or the decisions made specific the MAX series of 737 or arguing with the decision to ground the plane. You summed the issue up your self with the following observation "alert and competent pilots"....would you like to fly with anything else? The underlying issue is the continued degradation of minimum qualifications on a global basis. There are simply is not enough information specific the most recent crash to draw any meaningful comparisons with flight 610 (again my opinion) but there is absolutely no question that the events specific to flight 610 are paramount to understanding the potential dangers the plane presents. So...why has a basic overview of the CVR transcript not been released by the Indonesian authorities? The NTSB gave such a summary within a few days of the recovery of the CVR from the Atlas 767 crash. The silence is deafening and a clear indication of the root cause (again my opinion).