PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 13th Mar 2019, 12:23
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Its not a soap box its incredulity. Remember this film is from November 2018 and not only is it incredible that it is the regulator that is the host but that having taken the various sales pitches the Q&A has no guidance, clarity, engagement from those who are going to provide oversight. There is nothing. Q&A from 1m10 is about the risk to the passenger, and what he may or may not know. The answer given is dominated by the cost sharing platform representatives and nothing from regulators. The platforms will try and explain and highlight a variety of points to the passengers but they accept that things are not very adequate in that regard, yet it seems that despite the acceptance of risk and the ability for those not acting in the spirit of cost sharing, the road ahead is we will carry on regardless and I heard nothing from the regulator(s). i.e. might have been a good idea for EASA to say "we are going to do random mystery shopping to ensure things are as they should be..." For example.

There is a complete muddle about fixed/variable costs - why? and yet the pilot can pay 0.000001% of the flight etc. Its just so random. Which brings us to 1m 20min in and Shapps talking of data and medicals. The logic is just flawed where the view articulated is that lets look at the data, yet were it isn't available then first de-regulate then after deregulation prove a safety case for future regulation. So in some ways with this accident they have what they wanted but I'm not entirely sure it looks very intelligent nor what the public, who in this case is a victim, expected.