PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help, I would like to obtain a PPL licence
Old 13th Mar 2019, 11:46
Thomas84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi BDM,

The club also operates 4 Cessna 152's. I took place in the 152, it was ok. I had the impression that the space between the yoke and my knees was rather tight. But I went out to have a look with one of the members, who is not an instructor. An instructor might tell me that it would be ok. My upper body anatomy is normal, my height is comming from the damn legs :-)

At the time of writing I am looking into gliding and the website of bzc.be. I might pay the club a visit. As it seems there is a big difference between both prisewise. That time could indeed be used to save up for a PPL course and flying experience (that is money allready saved actually) or rather to fly a maximum in the first year to increase my experience/confidence.

My location is no top secret. I live in Hombeek (Mechelen). I do have an airfield closer by (EBGB). They just don't have glider activities over here. So Brasschaat is single way 48 minutes or 50k and I don't own a company car :-)

Do you have PPL experience or an idea on the avarege hours flying, a PPL licence holder would fly?

Last edited by Thomas84; 13th Mar 2019 at 16:25.