PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2019, 20:39
Intrance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vessbot
Really? I'll admit to being wrong, but can you give some examples? I've done a small bit of traveling around Western and Eastern Europe (France, England, Bulgaria), and I don't remember anything about the light switches, and I feel like it would stick out in my memory as a shocking adjustment had they been down=on.
They are though. Excluding some lights that can be turned on or off from multiple locations, light switches throughout all the houses and apartments I have lived so far (also Western and Eastern Europe) have been down for on.

It's a bit of a silly thing to argue about though. The type that I fly has the basic logic that everything pointing forward means normal ops. "Down" is then usually reserved for AUTO instead of ON, but same difference. I thought the larger issue with switches regarding 737 MAX is that they (the cut-off switches) function in the opposite way from the 737 NG. Not really any point dragging in regular light switches if we are talking about a manufacturers cockpit philosophy.