PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurowings Europe F/O
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2019, 20:17
cavok_flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so I did the assessment today. Here are a few tips:

1. Basically no parking at Interpersonal. I stayed at Motel One which is a 10 minute walk to the assessment. Ask the hotel if you can leave your bags there so you can travel light.

2. DO NOT SHOW UP EARLY. I was there about 30 minutes early and there is no need. They open the doors about 10 minutes before the start time so have a bigger breakfast or sleep longer.

3. No need to bring food (unless your're a vegan) or water. Lots and lots of prepared snacks (ie. smoke salmon, soup, brie on a bun, chocolate bars, coffee, juice, water, etc).

4. Do not use Skytest for Interpersonal/EW . Waste of money and time. I bought it and regret forking out 80€ for it. The samples they provide in the acceptance email are enough. Over half of the tests in Skytest are not applicable to this selection process.

Everything is well organized and calm. They explain all the tests at least twice (Powerpoint presentation and again in the test). No surprises and you can ask questions. No real surprises in the test. Be comfortable with ATPL OPs, Air Law, and Performance, and a bit of Aerodynamics. Even if you have a copy of the question banks that are a few years old, no panic, they're fine. All the question are "basic" APTL and no stupid questions like how many lights in a CAT II approach and what is the spacing. Concentrate on operational type questions and don't worry about "dumb" EASA gotcha crap ie. how many crash axes in an a/c with 600+ seats.

Stay calm and you'll pass. About 50% of us passed today.