PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2019, 12:29
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys, please be careful with these flight data, which many regard as God given correct.

I really think the Ethiopians know where that plane ended up and if it did where they posted then it is pretty far from that ominous last position. FR24 themselfs writte that they do not have close reception there, it is a hilly area and if they never got above 9000 ft MSL they could well have been in terrain shadow or simply out of reception for the remainder of the flight.

I follow small airplans with ADS-B here often (mine amongst others) and have lost count when they lost my track so many times in areas I would not assume they have bad quality reception, at 3000 ft AGL and so on. To assume that in this case,where a plane flew at barely 1000 ft over Ethiopian hills and lower than low, where they have maybe one or two receivers, is simply fishing for information we don't have.

Yes, it is a new Max which went down, but before calling for grounding or producing other media trash food, let's get a grip of what happened. It usually doesn't take that long.

Without a proper crash position, we know absolutely nothing other than the ADS-B feed stopped at that position which was at approx 9000 ft MSL and in the runway extention. We do not see the descent we do not see the impact. So WAIT for a proper position before trying to guess what happened.