PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain on a King Air 350 or First Officer on an A320
Old 9th Mar 2019, 10:43
Skipname

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FLCHG
Skipname
Interesting thread as you can see by the response to your question.
Is it the Kingair 350 Captain or. Airbus 320 First Officer ?????
Thank you all for the great advice.

I haven't made a decision yet but after careful consideration of the pros and cons and taking into account your advice I am leaning towards the King Air job.

The reason for this choice is that I still have well over 30 years until retirement, maybe even 40 years depending on how quickly the retirement age increases and I would like to have some more fun flying while I can. The job itself is very interesting and I have some friends working there that have only great things to say about the company and how they are treated. Soon I will be going back for some negotiations on the contract and depending on the result of those negotiations I will make my decision.

The A320 job is nothing to be excited about except the fact that it is a shiny jet and within 4-5 years I could be a captain on it. It is with a low cost European carrier where I will be flying the maximum number of hours allowed per year and people have quite a few complaints about the company.

Neither jobs give me the chance to be based at home.