PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 Medical - Mental Health
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2019, 19:29
Jordan199721

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sethgecko
Hi Jordan,

When you visited the Psychiatrist did he not sit down with you and conduct an evaluation? (or whatever it is called in clinical terms). It sounds like he literally took your notes from you and sent you away? seems really odd!
Very much like this. I would not recommend the particular physiologist at all. Totally felt out of touch and awkward. No small talk or anything. When I explained to him why I was there, he slowly came around. He asked me to fill in this 5 question assessment thing and asked me for a “general overview as to what had happened in the past” I think I must have said about 2 sentences then spent the rest of the time reading through my medical records and pulling funny faces. He just then turned around and said “this looks complex, I’ll take a look and get back to you” after probing a little further he said he thinks he’ll send the letter to the AME, who will then send it to the CAA so that their physiologists can assess the assessment, who will then contact my AME again, who will then contact me. I was in there around 20-30 minutes

It sounds like a really around the houses kind of system but I guess that’s the CAA all over! I’m expecting around a month before I hear anything. I guess when I get the medical records back, that will give me an indication as to when he wrote the report and it’s been sent.

I am confident they will probably decline the Class 1, but I’ll defiantly fight for it because everything that happened, happened for a reason and was a result of something. Just like yours was work-related. Fingers cross you’ll be fine. Sounds like the physiologist was happy with everything