PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane down Overbury, Tewkesbury.
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2019, 15:23
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I have no intention of patronising you Pitts.

However I will question this statement.

I don't know and I don't care what your own personal piloting experience is but should you ever find yourself in the clag through your own mistake I suggest that declaring an emergency and asking for help is unlikely to change the outcome unless it is the Almighty you are talking to. See now you have got me at this patronising business, I apologise.
The sad fact is too many pilots are reluctant to admit they have a problem until it is too late to ask for radio help.By that I mean asking for radar assistance because of being uncertain of position. Please tell me what is wrong with just stating on the radio that you are lost? I have used the radio many times over three decades to ask for assistance or help. Does that make me a crap pilot? The answer is whatever the quality of my flying skills I have flown large chunks of the world as a single pilot and am still here. I know when to turn back!

Have you never asked asked a controller for help with an approach in difficult weather?

As for your comment.....

What you are quite good at is trawling public records and other database information to join dots to create an environment of illegality that led to a venomous reaction from all.
I have never disguised the fact that I am a retired journalist and long time pilot. I got my UK PPL in 1981 and my Australian fixed wing and helicopter licences in 1989.

I have paid for all my flying over decades and continents.

After allegations on here from the subject of a very very long thread on Pprune I decided to use my real name.

From your tag I guess you are a UK recreational pilot.

Please feel free to pm me.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 5th Mar 2019 at 15:53.