PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanese looking for flight school in BC
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2019, 02:37
jacarandaa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Female Capi
Hello,
I am not from HK but came across this discussion with interest. I have a PPL and interested to finalize in Canada I did the same research and Langley is the most favorable for the requirements I was interested in, however the con is that the school does not provide in-house/campus accommodation as a student that is your responsibility.
Be prepared to live in neighboring towns like Surrey, and Burnaby (among others) for proximity (public bus lines, train etc) and affordability (housing) as Langley can be pricey.

Also as much as it's indicated on their website that they organize airport transfer that is not completely accurate so do be prepared to organize your own transfers as well as accommodation in a hotel ($100) if you haven't secured one prior to arriving.

Other than that it seems to be a promising school, and looking forward to the experience and flying. Any one who has received a different experience kindly share this will aid in research.

Happy Landings
Hi there! Thanks for the reply!

I am not actually looking to do my full training in Canada. Probably just basic training. I was looking on their website and noticed the cost for RPP and PPL is only a $1000 difference, with RPP a few practice hours less.

I know the hours it takes to get either RPP / PPL depends on the student's progress but is it worth it to get a RPP? My budget is rather limited and the most I can pay for is RRP... (on top of accommodation/food, etc)

Also from my understanding, a regular flight school will only charge you by flight time, so you pay after every lesson, and not upfront?

Thank you again!!