Thread: BA DEP A320
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2019, 21:52
Dracarys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Stocious
...and people still moan.
"Still moan"? You make it sound like BA is struggling financially but still choosing to offer the best route into the industry for aspiring young pilots. Yes, a step in the right direction this latest development is. But a step in the right direction from what? Certainly not from something industry-leading. Airlines making much less money than BA are offering far superior recruitment options. One only has to look at the insulting pay offer from BA to realise that Cruz isn't interested in investing in people. Insincere emails thanking me for my hard work over the summer don't pay my mortgage. It's not a dig at the recruitment team, incidentally, who I know work tirelessly (themselves under-resourced) and want to offer excellent opportunities. I have nothing but respect and admiration for their tenacity in a climate of cost cutting at all costs. But you can hardly blame people for being more than slightly disappointed by what's on offer (especially those who still don't have a spare £18k lying around).