PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MSc Air Transport Management - Cranfield vs City
Old 4th Mar 2019, 12:15
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
I haven't - I know the aviation safety / aero-eng people at Coventry, and they're good - but I'm less convinced that Coventry have much skill in aviation management. They appear to not have external accreditation on the course yet, to have just rehashed somebody else's standard syllabus, and they are seeking that accreditation from an institute who have nothing to do with aviation: a more conventional and appropriate route would be the Royal Aeronautical Society.

It's not that unusual for ATM MSc courses to accept ATPLs as equivalent to a BEng/BSc for admission, and my guess is that Coventry are probably desperate for students on this new course, and likely to be pretty relaxed. But, I'm a lot less convinced that it'll be a good course. Also you will struggle that long out of education going straight into a full time MSc - that level of education is extremely full-on, and challenging for somebody with a newish BSc.

If you want a good management qualification close to home, Warwick Business school have an excellent reputation - but it'll be a generic MBA, not an aviation qualification. If you want a good ATM MSc I would look seriously at the 1 hour drive down the M1 to Cranfield. Do think about preparation - whether they'll let you in or not. But with the academic year normally starting in September (Cranfield also start courses offset by 6 months in March, but you've missed that I think) you've got half a year to get back into study currency.

G