PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 speed in SRS mode - missed approach
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2019, 09:10
Jim510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret
Yes, in this case you'd need to intervene as you describe but have you considered simply reducing to climb thrust more promptly if it looks like your 160kt constraint won't be met?

Open climb is also a possibility if terrain clearance is an issue, but with TOGA set, a light aircraft, and an increasing headwind you will approach the 30 degree pitch limit.
Thanks for the reply. Open climb has crossed my mind. Would the aircraft really go all the way to pitch 30 trying to keep the speed?

Yes, terrain clearence really is an issue on this missed approach, so I wanted to put higher thrust reduction and acceleration in perf ga page, and then to keep more than required gradient with vertical speed, keeping the speed at the limit with autothrust in speed mode.

I was wondering what would the automation do in this case. Obviously, the constraint would be in the box. Let's say we put lower thr red and accel in perf ga page. And we stay at flaps 2. Would the aircraft follow it? I'm asking because I had some unpleasant experience with A320 in one SID on our network which I have flown many times - aircraft was not able to keep the speed in the limit, always busting the limit for 15-20 knots.