PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - saluting a Prime Minister
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2019, 18:00
Shack37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Melchett01
Shack, unfortunately I can’t change reality and I spent a good proportion of a couple of tours clearing up after former cpls - Army and RAF - who had somehow made it to C1 in the civil service and failed to manage let alone lead their teams. Usually it revolved around not wanting / being able to write appraisals, other instances were along the lines of ‘your FS can’t talk to me like that I’m a Wing Commander equivalent and outrank him’. One individual was put on formal warning for repeated failure to perform. My J/SNCOs were, however, pretty damn good; the ones who left to join the CS were those who were 22 year cpls going nowhere fast and saw the CS as an easy option.
My first posting after BEs was directly to a squadron. My tech boss, O/C E&I section had a "thing" about Boy Entrants, he thought it unfair they should be promoted to SAC automatically six months after graduating.
When I later applied for my J/T course he rejected it whilst authorising a Direct Entrant colleague quite recently arrived on the station. I eventually completed the course and returned with a credit pass. He called me to his office and congratulated me on "proving him wrong" which I thought quite good of him. My opinion of the man was lowered to previous levels when he later refused to let me take my CPL. Tech exam. Nearly made me as bitter as him.

End of moan, feeling much better.