PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VeRR- have you experience of it?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2019, 15:50
Thereismore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wrathmonk
Neither of the SO2 posts on that page are under VeRR terms - click on them and you will see they are FTRS (HC) [so full time]..

With the VeRR Scheme, as I understand it, once approved you sit on a 'waiting list' and if a job becomes available (perhaps back filling an OOA, filling a gapped post temporarily or filling a 'project' job) then it gets circulated to all those eligible. Maximum of 90 days per year (the year starts Apr 1) of which 9 days are paid leave. Not all the 'benefits' of the service are available to VeRR. It seems to me you are more a 'consultant' than a reservist!
Yes, that is the 'deal' and I think it is a great step towards a more flexible approach at bringing in experienced people and extra capacity. The option for a short-'ish' or medium-term engagement is very much in line with how many of us work outside of the military and importantly it allows us to make this fit around our other commitments. The role I am in discussions about is SO2 and the preference is FTRS however it has been unfilled for 18 months and the augmentation of VeRR would not preclude the post being subsequently filled FT and retain the VeRR additional capacity.

Just the one snag... it isn't financially attractive enough.