PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VeRR- have you experience of it?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2019, 14:44
Thereismore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for your views.

i was glad to see that there is at least an attempt at a flexible approach in engaging reserve experience and the proposal is very much along the lines ‘whatever / however we can make it work’ .

By the aounds of it, the salary equation appears about right at /365 for a daily rate which reduces a nominally acceptable salary rate to ....well... not so.

A change to making the pro-rata daily rate reflective of a 5 day working week ( which is how most of these roles are) would at least make these roles worth looking at if you are someone who is balancing a portfolio of income streams. There are plenty of us who left at sub 40 who can provide energy and value to staff roles and have flexibility to arrange our working regimes, however the rate would need to get somewhere close to opportunity cost, time and cognitive switch put into the role.

I’ll await formal responses though for now it appears that (sadly) this is not something that can attract someone like me who left at 38, has time flexibility and but has to ensure that it the income fairly compensated the energy.