PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 19:18
Good Business Sense

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vanHorck
The corner started only AFTER he accepted the flight, despite not being licensed to execute. Also Sala knew and texted he wanted to return in the evening. We are all told to avoid get-home-ites. By accepting a commercial flight he put himself in the corner. I agree with you on the CPL/PPL thing.
Agree - the one thing Airline / AOC SOPS do is to give you limitations/boundaries - they don't always cover everything but they can be very helpful to new commanders in particular. i.e. you can point to the SOP and say "no" not possible at the moment etc - most of the time with no pressure and even if you do get pressure you have a backstop in writing. I think the biggest surprise most Wingly PPLs will get is when confronted by an aggressive cost sharing passenger who demands what he paid for whilst saying, "it looks alright to me" ...... I know even in my commercial days I had to deal with some very famous people (who I had previously admired) who, in my view, lapsed into temporary insanity when told of a delay or cancellation.