PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 13:36
Luc Lion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by oggers
Originally Posted by Luc Lion
Oggers, I am talking about FAR 91.501(b)(4)
Luc Lion
Well, I am not sure why you are referring to that regulation. The airplane was not a Large or Multi-engine Turbine. Are you saying it was part of a 91-K fractional ownership program?
Subpart F—Large and Turbine-Powered Multiengine Airplanes and Fractional Ownership Program Aircraft

Sorry Oggers ; my mistake.

I was looking for the regulation that construes FAR 91 flights organised and paid for by the operator and flown by a hired commercial pilot for the purpose of transporting the operator or his guests free of charge.
Actually, FAR 91.501(b)(4) describes that for large aeroplanes while there is no equivalent for small aeroplanes and no need for this equivalent because it is authorised by the constitutional principle "what isn't explicitly forbidden is permissible".

FAR 91.501(b)(4) is needed (beyond the constitutional principle) for authorising these operations on large aeroplanes because FAR 125.1 (Certification and Operations of "large" aeroplanes, Applicability) is stated in such a way that it applies by default when no other regulation supersedes it.