PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat joining SunExpress Turkey (non tr/low hour) - Whats it like?
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 05:51
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a bit puzzled by "There´s very limited information available out there" as I found info on this & that thread pretty useful, if not always up to date, but then I noticed you are mentioning "low hour" and "no airline experience" while these threads are mostly dealing with non-type rated direct entry captains.

So, if I understood you correctly: you got the invitation for assessment for F/O position as someone not connected with Stella Aviation (or whatever is its name nowadays) or Türk Cumhuriyeti at all?

Anyway, congratulations!

My advice would be to take assessment very seriously, prepare well and do the homework assigned. Yes, it sounds trivial but most people I've seen rejected failed to do that.

Life in Türkiye? Whatever you make out of it. Costs of living are pretty low, Antalya and İzmir are pretty fine if you are into sun & sea. If you are coming from likes of Germany or the Netherlands, Turkish way of doing things may drive you crazy. For me, even dealing with Turkish bureaucracy was major improvement compared to what I had back home in Our Beautiful Homeland of Postcommunist Corruptia.

İyi şanslar abi!