PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM QF Casuals
Thread: MAM QF Casuals
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 00:43
Chibi88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Madi_burr
Hey all!
I’m a MAM PER based F/A, I started in November. Just thought I’d let you guys know if you didn’t already that being a casual, we don’t get full rostered duty rosters. Every month we get about 3/4 duties allocated to us, if we’re lucky. The rest are AV spans which means you’re on call. In our ground school none of us knew this.. It’s okay if you don’t have kids or live far from the airport. I live over an hour away and always give myself 2 hours to get to the airport but when you’re on call - they give 2 hours notice
The AV spans are generally 4am - 4pm, 11am -11pm. and they can call us at 2am for a 4am start if that’s the start time of your AV span. So it’s a long day of being on call, we get paid 1hrs pay every 3hrs. In saying that though I have been called out almost every day I’ve been on call 😊
If you have any questions feel free to message me on facebook, my username is my fb name! good luck with your ground schools. Sydney is the best for EPs 😁
Hi Madi! Thank you for this info! I really appreciate this. Are all exams in writing or will there be some multiple choice? Haha.. Kinda nervous about exams. Xx thank you