PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 Medical - Mental Health
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2019, 09:46
Jordan199721

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class 1 Medical - Mental Health

Let me set the scene :

Around 2 years ago I had a blip within my mental health. There were a number of triggers which covered a number of topics such as:-
  • The failure of my PPL exam (when I was 15 - lost all confidence and literally killed me - pathetic now considering I passed them all earlier last year and got full marks in all exams)
  • The failure of my business
  • The loss of my secure job
  • The unexpected passing of extremely close family members over 2 months
  • The difficult past relationship which left my financially unstable and somewhat mentally scared
Whilst I did see a psychiatrist & physccologist, there was never any diagnosis and with some talking therapy (no meds) I recovered. Like I say, I went on the obtain my class 2 medical (yes - I mentioned all this to them and was issued with the class 2 without any issues) and I’ve been flying PPL since.

So I’ve been to my class 1 and they sent me to an indepnednt physiologist. He’s taken all my medical notes and said “It looks like a complex past”

This fills me with very little confidence and in all honestly, I don’t think he’s very confident on the whole thing either.

With all that in mind, just wondered if anyone else had had the same experience with this or something similar. What are the CAA like when dealing with stuff like this? Do I just need to look for a new career?