PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying with personal logbook
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2019, 08:10
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Level Attitude
I agree there is no Regulation that requires the Personal Logbook to be carried on a flight; but I wanted to point out that if an LAPL Holder, or someone Flying to the LAPL privileges contained in another Licence, were asked to prove the validity of their LAPL privileges (on a flying tour of Europe for example) they would not be able to without it

The LAPL is different.

Take flying an SEP(Land) for example:

An ATPL, CPL or PPL will contain an SEP(L) Rating with a set expiry date. With the exception of the passenger carrying requirements, there are no experience/recency requirements at all to exercising the Rating's privileges within its two year validity. As long as they are within the Rating validity date (marked on the Licence which does have to be carried) they are legal and it is irrelevant how current/good/bad they are.

An LAPL for SEP(Land) contains no Rating. It permits, by itself, to fly an SEP(L). The LAPL is valid for life BUT contains experience requirements that must have been met in the two years prior to each and every flight in which the pilot exercises those privileges (Ref: Part-FCL.140.A LAPL(A) - Recency requirements)
...and I am pointing out that the other licences you mention do actually have recency requirements, with or without pax. For a start all FAA pilots must do a BFR. Secondly, every IF rated pilot has currency requirements. If this is about showing recency the LAPL is not unique. So what have you not yet mentioned that makes it so?