PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAW492 diversion at Gibraltar
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2019, 06:31
DaveReidUK

Received 201 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by FCeng84
From the videos that has been linked above it appears that the airplane was well above the ground when the roll oscillations documented occurred. The speed altitude trace shows descent to a very low altitude prior to executing the go-around. I am left with a couple of questions that others may be able to help with:
1. Were there roll oscillations during the final approach that led to the go-around? Did any passengers (particularly those who submitted interior videos) comment on the altitude when worrisome roll oscillations occurred?
2. Did the go-around involve touching down or was it executed without wheel to runway contact? Were there any objectionable pitch or roll motions associated with the flight just prior to initiation of the go-around or during the go-around itself?
3. Has the airline made any statement about this event with regard to either the equipment or the crew?
As is often the case, more questions than answers!
See my earlier post(s):

a) the altitude traces from the flight-trackers clearly aren't relative to a SL datum (i.e. uncorrected for QNH)
b) the GA started at around 1.6 nm from the THR (so presumably at around 500' AAL)
c) there was no runway contact (the THR was overflown at around 1700')

In other words the tracking data is consistent with the video, as one would expect.