PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2019, 04:57
friednick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeez spektrum you have a wild view on this process.

People from that application window that diligently prepared CVs and cover letters, that traveled(usually the day before) at their own expense to Sydney on two occasions for both the interviews and simulator assessments racking up probably close to $1000 on airfares and accommodation.
Do you think it's unusual for employers require candidates to travel to sit interviews/assessments? Because it's pretty normal in any other industry. Of course it's nice when an employer is doing well enough to offer to pay for those expenses. But do you seriously think Qantas are going to CHOOSE to pay for candidate's transport when they are well aware of the extent people are willing to go to for success in this process? And why are they so willing? Because the job is worth it on the other side of the assessment process. I mean come on. This isn't a poor business decision. It's just not to your liking.

Internal applicants were rostered paid days off in order to attend their assessments. A luxury that did not have to be afforded to any of them but it's still an advantage that many externals would have appreciated from their respective employers because this is usually a serious hurdle to overcome for pilots attending interviews from other airlines.

Then there was the whole suite of medical examinations required to be done at 'qantas approved' examiners costing anywhere from $500 to $1000. Mind boggling when you're already a group pilot, you are already on file at qantas medicals yet they want you to do one again?
I agree with this. I cannot find logic in their demands for a medical if you already hold a CASA class 1. However, liability is a complicated thing and may governed this process but I am not sure.

Or maybe even move towards looking at a certain thing called MERIT. M-E-R-I-T.
And I suppose you would qualify? Of course. Because 95% of pilots think they perform above average. The people who throw around "merit" are likely the ones who think they deserve for Qantas to pay for their transport and accomodation because they are so fortunate to have those people applying to work there. Since you were happy to spell the word out for us, why don't you suggest a way to measure "merit" across the entire group in a way that everyone finds fair? Sounds easy enough to figure out the way you write about this stuff.

I get it, few positions, plenty of people wanting to work there.
I don't think you do get it.

It's really despicable what that department is doing.
Lies and deceit. Thats the spirit of australia apparently.
Now come on. When were you lied to and deceived? You're poisoning the well here and does nothing for your argument other than appeal to your spite.