PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2019, 04:57
spektrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long does the recruitment process take?
Due to the high number of applications received, processing times may vary. Face to face assessments are likely to commence in May 2018. Face to face assessment through to the final decision usually takes between 4 and 6 weeks.
If I resign from my current entity will this accelerate the process for me applicaiton?
If you resign from your current entity during any stage of the recruitment process your application will be withdrawn.
The above excerpts are from the FAQ document that accompanied the last internal EOIs which were in March 2018.

People from that application window that diligently prepared CVs and cover letters, that traveled(usually the day before) at their own expense to Sydney on two occasions for both the interviews and simulator assessments racking up probably close to $1000 on airfares and accommodation.
Then there was the whole suite of medical examinations required to be done at 'qantas approved' examiners costing anywhere from $500 to $1000. Mind boggling when you're already a group pilot, you are already on file at qantas medicals yet they want you to do one again?

So there you have ~$2000 of incurred expenses and 7 days out of your life gone just to apply for a position.

After all that, 11 months later there are still candidates awaiting information from 'TALENT ACQUISITION' whether or not they have been put on 'active hold', the term itself being quite the fabulous oxymoron.

It's really despicable what that department is doing. This all could easily be seen as retention inducing dangling carrot.

I get it, few positions, plenty of people wanting to work there. Do the right thing and at least narrow down the application criteria so you don't waste peoples time and money. Or maybe even move towards looking at a certain thing called MERIT. M-E-R-I-T.
Of some of the people that have received negative outcomes its unbelievable how many of them are good LHS operators.

Lies and deceit. Thats the spirit of australia apparently. That department needs a proper overhaul.