PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circle to land @ NZQN
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2019, 03:45
chx230

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattyj
ENR 1.5 4.23.9

just like everything else about Queenstown it has its own special case. It’s not actually a circling maneuver, it’s discontinuing the approach and continuing with visual reference ..anyhow, it doesn’t state you must have visual contact with the runway on a circling maneuver, just the runway environment. That’s loose enough to keep lawyers in pay for years if you ever had to argue it in court. I’ve flown the figure of eight a few times in my life and if you stretch your neck you can usually see some part of frankton most of the time
Thank you for your reply, mattyj. What confuse me is that it has circle to land minimum. According to the regulations, it should be IFR. We do 8 pattern only if the cloud is so low that we can not straight in from the valley. And if the 8 pattern is under VFR, then we can not keep enough distance to the cloud as VFR require to. If it is IFR circle to land, we can not see the runway during circling, we should go around then. How can we carry out this approach?