PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retro 747 BOAC
Thread: Retro 747 BOAC
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2019, 06:59
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by treadigraph
Interestingly Google Maps has long shown plenty of large Boeings awaiting test/delivery at Everett - the current aerial view shows none! Plenty of 737s at Renton and Paine.
I can't imagine when that satellite photo might have been taken (assuming it hasn't been altered) - I live just a few miles from the Boeing flight line on Paine Field and there has never been a time when there were not at least a dozen aircraft parked there.
BTW I assume you meant Renton and Boeing Field (737 Delivery Center is at Boeing Field)

Edited to add:
Don't ask me why, but that current Google satellite photo of Paine Field has been altered to remove all the large aircraft, not just on the Boeing flight line - the largest aircraft anywhere in the photo is the DC-3 parked outside Historic Flight Foundation - and that simply isn't possible. The photo appears to be roughly five years old (there are buildings and parking lots built in the last five years that are not in the photo), yet the B-52 that was parked there for 40 years (until last summer when it was disassembled and trucked down to the Seattle Museum of Flight) is no where to be seen. The 727 that's been parked outside the Museum of Flight Restoration Center for several years is also missing.
Weird...

Last edited by tdracer; 19th Feb 2019 at 08:03.