PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2019, 09:43
Lemonair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying184
Couldn't agree more! The courses are twice as intense as any degree/masters course and require total commitment. There is a HUGE volume of content to learn and understand. As an example my course spent one day at the weekend studying, in addition to at least 2/3hours every weekday night.

I sympathise with your position, but at the same time my course went through the college being paid the old pay scale (£13k.... £900 a month!!) and had to survive! The higher starting salary has come about to entice more people to apply, including graduates.

It may be worth adding that at the moment that whilst the pay increase has happened at the college, once you get posted to unit you get no living allowances whilst training and so in some cases your take home pay may be *less* than at the college (I have heard stories of this being the case). There is also no shift allowance at unit until you are fully valid......
What time do classes tend to start and finish? Is it basically 9-5 for the supervised learning bit? And then the three hours in the evening?