PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2019, 20:04
Chazlington

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B777lover
Hi all fresh out of flight school and am eager to start looking for a job, willing to do volunteer GA flying within Sydney appreciate some help or ideas for job hunting especially with such a large community pilot base here on PPRuNE!
My qualifiactions are: 220 hours flight with a muilti-engine command instrument rating, commercial pilot license and ATPL theory
Let me guess, you want to "volunteer" because:
a) Your parents funded your entire CPL and ATPL theory
b) You live at home with your parents and so you can just sit back, do a bit of part time work, bit of "volunteering", and have a cruisy lifestyle, all whilst getting those hours up before applying for the big airline gig
c) both a and b
d) none of the above / apologies for making assumptions

What is concerning is that you have made it all the way through your CPL and you have no idea of how frowned upon the idea of volunteering really is. Suggest you search for the topic on these forums and get an idea on what would happen to the industry if "volunteering" became a thing.

The other thing that surprises me is that the vast majority of pilots have gone through so many sacrifices, hardships, disappointments, rejections etc and most did it the hard way (went bush / military / overseas). Yet from your short and most likely unintentionally naive post, you are looking for the easy option. Please just do yourself a favour and get informed, do some research, speak to some pilots but primarily - read these forums.

Can I ask where / what sort of flight school you went to? I'm curious to know how you can spend 2 years at a place and come up with such a concept as "GA volunteer work"