PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prospects for future upcoming pilots in East Africa
Old 14th Feb 2019, 02:19
flyingcrankshaft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4runner

What’s costly about it? It probably pays more than flying a bush plane. There are places in the US that will pay for your CFI to get u to work there. The written test is $100 and the exam is whatever the examiner charges or free if you do it with the Feds. I don’t recommend the Feds in ANY country...The only difference is that you have to do spin training. You’re already 90% of the way there. It sounds like you just don’t want to flight instruct. That’s totally a legitimate thought. It sucked. Stop BS’ing a forum of professional womanizing, boda boda riding, duty free booze smuggling pirates.
How I wish someone would pay for my CFI. But I am not a US citizen nor a US resident. It is highly unlikely I would get this offer. Funds are a little tight for me at the moment therefore it feels costly to me. If I were to go for flight instruction, I am not guaranteed a job. And if I got hired as a CFI, I will only be allowed to work for a year or 2 year max. It's true that I am not keen in flight instruction. It was never my first choice. But it seems like something I may have to do to achieve my goals. Therefore I am considering the flight instruction route.